1. To access your grids, select My Grids in the top toolbar.
2. In the center of the screen, you will see all the grids you have created. By clicking the code under Flip Code, you can view the grid as a student.
3. Under the column, Grid Activity, you have multiple options to manage your girds.
4. Activity: The first item drop down allows you to easily change the status of your grid availability between Active (visible to students) and Inactive (not visible to students).
5. Share: Selecting the share button will provide you with multiple options to invite participants to your grid discussions. To share with students, you can share the link or QR code (they scan it with their phone) via an Announcement in Blackboard. It is also recommended to share the generated Flip Code for those students accessing the discussion through the Flipgrid phone application. Please note sharing on this level shares the whole grid and all topics (discussions) with students. There is a way to share just a specific topic (discussion) with students.
5a: CoPilots (under Share feature): If you click CoPilots on the share screen, you can enter the email of another person you would like to have access to the grid and all topics (discussions). CoPilots can edit the grid, create topics, review videos, and provide feedback. There is an option to add another person as a guest to a single topic (discussion). An example of using CoPilot would be when you want to have an interdisciplinary discussion (separate classes - for example Music and Art - and sections) and you would grant the other professor access to the grid.
6. Actions: The Actions drop down allows you to edit the grid, view topics, add CoPilots, manage grid notifications, manage integrations, and delete a grid.
6a: Edit Grid - Edit grid allows you to adjust the options you chose when you first created your grid. This includes grid name, flip code, community type, features like Notify me and Active Status even downloads and captions.
6b: View Topic - This takes you into the grid and displays all the topics (discussions) you have created.
6c: CoPilots - This is the same function and feature as seen under the Share option.
6d: Grid Notifications - This allows you to control how and when you are notified of new videos posted.
6e: Integrations - This feature most likely will not be used but allows you to integrate with other Microsoft products like Teams.
6f: Delete Grid - This allows you to delete your whole grid. Please note this deletes ALL topics and ALL videos present in the grid.
7. Update Grid: By selecting the pencil to the far right, you can update your grid. You can update all the same options as found under Actions then Edit Grid (as mentioned above). This is a quick shortcut to be able to update your grid.
1. From the My Grids page, select the name of any one of your grids to enter it. You will then be shown a list of all your topics (discussions).
2. As with the main grid, you can select the Flip Code link to view the topic (discussion) as a student.
3. Under the Activity column, you have multiple options to manage your topic (discussion).
4. Activity: The first item drop down allows you to easily change the status of your grid availability between Active, Inactive, and Frozen. Active means that students can actively participate in the topic discussion by creating and viewing videos. Inactive means students students can no longer access or view videos. Frozen means that students can access and view videos, they just can no longer create new videos.
5. Share: Selecting the share button will provide you with multiple options to invite participants to your grid discussion. To share with students, you can share the link or QR code (they scan it with their phone) via an Announcement in Blackboard. It is also recommended to share the generated Flip Code for those students accessing the discussion through the Flipgrid phone application. Please note sharing on this level shares only this one topic (discussion) with students. For students to see all topics (discussions), you will need to share the whole grid.
5a: Topic Guests - You can invite others to participate in a particular topic (discussion) as opposed to a whole grid. By selecting the toggle button to On for Guest Mode, you will automatically turn On Allow Recording. This allows guests with a provided code to access the topic (discussion) and record videos with others in the topic community. If you wish for a guest to access the topic (discussion) but not be able to record videos, toggle the Allow Recording button to Off. Once you turn On Guest Mode, a guest link and code will automatically generate at the bottom. You simply share this link with your guests or the guest code (if they access through their Flipgrid phone app). An example of inviting a guest would be an outside expert in Disaster Management and they would create their own videos and respond to student videos in a Nursing class.
6: Actions: The Actions drop down allows you to edit the topic, add topic guests, view videos, move the topic, duplicate topic, and delete topic.
Article ID: 3801
Created On: Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 2:30 PM
Last Updated On: Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 10:28 AM
Online URL: https://kb.mc3.edu/article/faculty-flipgrid-managing-groups-and-topics-3801.html