Faculty - Modify Test Options: Availability Exceptions
Modify Test Options - Test Availability Exceptions
There are several reasons that you may need to add exceptions for an online quiz or test in Blackboard. For example, you can use availability exceptions for accessibility purposes such as giving a student an extended amount of time to take a test.
Follow the steps below to create a test availability exception:
- Go into your Blackboard course site and locate your test or quiz in the course.
- Click the down chevron arrow next to the name of the test and then select Edit the Test Options.
- Scroll down to Test Availability Exceptions to give specific students different test availability options.
- Click Add User or Group.
- Click the check boxes to the left of the student name or group name you want to receive the availability exception.
Note: You can select multiple student names.
- Click Submit.
- Now you can give the student or group an additional attempt, increase time on the timer (or remove the timer), set different availability dates, and remove options including force completion and auto submit.
Note: Timer, auto-submit, and force completion must be turned on to set exceptions for those settings.
- When finished, scroll down and click Submit.
Article ID: 367
Created On: Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Last Updated On: Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 11:09 AM
Online URL: https://kb.mc3.edu/article/faculty-modify-test-options-availability-exceptions-367.html