Tutor.com is a 24/7 service available to students on top of regular tutoring available at Montgomery County Community College. To get started with Tutor.com as a student please complete the steps below. Once you enter the Tutor.com homepage, you can connect with a tutor immediately, schedule a tutoring session, or submit a paper for review.
1. From the main menu in your online classroom click the "Tutoring" link.
2. Select "Online tutoring available 24/7 through Tutor.com".
You now have three options for tutoring. We will review connecting with a tutor immediately first, scheduling a future tutoring session second, and submitting a paper for review third.
Connecting with a tutor immediately
1. Choose "Connect with a tutor now".
2. You will be re-directed to a tutor.com site from which you will select your topic, your subject, whether or not to activate voice-chat, and you will be prompted to enter your tutoring question. After you have filled out all fields, you will click "Connect Now".
3. A screen will pop-up indicating you are being connected to a tutor.
4. Once connected, you will enter the tutoring room where you can begin chatting (or speaking if you activated audio) with your tutor.
Scheduling a future tutoring session
1. Choose "Schedule a tutoring session".
2. Next, review your tutors. You can sort tutors by subject (1) or number of reviews, next available, and highest rated (2). You can review their 5-star rating and total number of reviews (3). Lastly, you can view when a specific tutor is next available (4). Once you have made your selection choose "Schedule" (5).
3. Fill out the scheduling box by choosing the day and time you wish your tutoring session to occur (1), the total length of the session (2), and the topic, subject, and specific question (3). You can also attach a file if applicable (4). Once finished, choose "Schedule Session". You can also read all their reviews posted by other users at the bottom.
4. You will be taken to a confirmation screen that should state your session is "Confirmed". You can manage (cancel or reschedule) these sessions by going to "My Account" and choose "My Sessions".
Submit a paper for review
1. Choose "Submit a paper for review".
2. Fill in the drop-down boxes and don't forget to attach your paper and click submit.
Article ID: 2749
Created On: Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 4:48 PM
Last Updated On: Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 4:00 PM
Online URL: https://kb.mc3.edu/article/students-getting-started-with-tutor-com-2749.html