You can load various course documents such as your syllabus, lecture notes, and PowerPoint presentations in Blackboard.
Before attempting this task, you should already have your document or file saved in a common electronic file format, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc. You should also eliminate spaces or non-alpha numeric characters from the file name.
1. Select the content area where you want to add the item (ex. Start Here, Syllabus, Course Materials)
2. Click the Build Content button.
3. From the drop down menu, select Item.
4. Type a name for the item in the Name field.
Note: The Name field is a required entry.
5. Enter a description if desired.
6. Scroll down to Attachments. You can drag-and-drop files into the dotted box provided or click the Browse My Computer button or the Browse Content Collection button to locate the document you want to attach.
7. Browse for your document and either drag-and-drop it into the dotted box or double-click the file to upload it to your course. The file will appear below the Attach Files box.
8. If you want your students to view this document, select the Yes radio button in the Permit Users to View this Content field.
9. If you want to track student access to this item, select the Yes radio button in the Track Number of Views field.
10. If you want to display this item for a set date/time, enter the information in the Display After and Display Until fields in the Select Date and Time Restrictions area.
11. Click the Submit button.
Here is a video that demonstrates how to add a content item in Blackboard.