Students - Getting Started with Tutor.com
Getting Started with Tutor.com
Tutor.com is a 24/7 service available to students on top of regular tutoring available at Montgomery County Community College. To get started with Tutor.com as a student please complete the steps below. Once you enter the Tutor.com homepage, you can connect with a tutor immediately, schedule a tutoring session, or submit a paper for review.
1. From the main menu in your online classroom click the "Tutoring" link.
2. Select "Online tutoring available 24/7 through Tutor.com".
You now have three options for tutoring. We will review connecting with a tutor immediately first, scheduling a future tutoring session second, and submitting a paper for review third.
Connecting with a tutor immediately
1. Choose "Connect with a tutor now".
2. You will be re-directed to a tutor.com site from which you will select your topic, your subject, whether or not to activate voice-chat, and you will be prompted to enter your tutoring question. After you have filled out all fields, you will click "Connect Now".
3. A screen will pop-up indicating you are being connected to a tutor.
4. Once connected, you will enter the tutoring room where you can begin chatting (or speaking if you activated audio) with your tutor.
1. Choose "Schedule a tutoring session".
2. Next, review your tutors. You can sort tutors by subject (1) or number of reviews, next available, and highest rated (2). You can review their 5-star rating and total number of reviews (3). Lastly, you can view when a specific tutor is next available (4). Once you have made your selection choose "Schedule" (5).
4. You will be taken to a confirmation screen that should state your session is "Confirmed". You can manage (cancel or reschedule) these sessions by going to "My Account" and choose "My Sessions".
Submit a paper for review
1. Choose "Submit a paper for review".
2. Fill in the drop-down boxes and don't forget to attach your paper and click submit.
|Posted - Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 4:48 PM. This article has been viewed 7807 times.|
|Online URL: https://kb.mc3.edu/article/students-getting-started-with-tutor-com-2749.html|
Powered by PHPKB (Knowledge Base Software)