Workaround for YouTube Mashup - Embed a YouTube Video in Blackboard
Workaround for YouTube Mashup -
Embed a YouTube Video in Blackboard
If you embed the YouTube video mashup in an item within Blackboard, the YouTube video mashup will not display in full screen mode in the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
The only browser that allows you to play the YouTube video mashup in full screen is Internet Explorer (IE). Unfortunately, Blackboard doesn't always behave when using the IE browser. As a result, it is not recommended to instruct your students to use IE in Blackboard. The following steps are a workaround until Blackboard fixes this issue.
1. Navigate to where you want to insert a YouTube video in your course, for example Course Materials.
2. Click on Build Content then select Item as shown here.
3. Give the item a name, for example, the name of the video that you want them to view and then add some text regarding the video if desired. For example, "Watch this video and then complete the assignment.”
4. Open another tab or window within your browser and navigate to the YouTube video that you want to embed.
5. Click on the Share icon and select Embed as show here.
6. Highlight and copy the embed code.
7. Go back into Blackboard and where you want to embed the video.
8. The HTML window will open.
9. Right-click and a menu will display as shown below. Click Paste.
10. The embed code will paste at the bottom of the HTML text box. Click Update.
11. A box will appear indicating where the YouTube video will appear. Click Submit.
12. The video will now appear in your Blackboard course as shown here.