MCCC Knowledge Base

How to Request a Course Substitution


How to Request a Course Substitution 

1. Log into your student portal

2. Click on Enrollment & Registration

3. Click Course substitution form

NOTE: It is also advisable that you have a copy of your program evaluation/degree progress accessible during this time as you will find it helpful. Please see Step #5 below to access your progress. 

4. Complete your demographic information, including your name, ID #, your MC3 email, your phone number and today’s date.  

5. Indicate which degree program you are in (A.A., A.S., etc..) as well as the catalog year

NOTE: You can find this information by logging into Self-Service, then click Student Planning and click My Progress



6. Please indicate if your program is a TAOC approved program. TAOC-approved programs are transferable from any of Pennsylvania’s community colleges into any of the fourteen state system schools in Pennsylvania.


The current list of TAOC-approved programs is below:

  • Business Administration
  • Communication Criminal Justice
  • Computer Science
  • Education in the Early Years
  • Fine Arts
  • Mathematics
  • Social Science – History
  • Social Science – Geography
  • Psychology
  • Theatre Arts
7. Complete the information for each course substitution you are requesting. Please be sure to include information on the course that your program actually requires, the course you are trying to substitute, and the reason for the course substitution.   

8. Provide your academic advisor’s name and email address (drop-down list provided) and click “student submit to
advisor.” No other information should be completed below this line. 

NOTE: If you do not know your advisor’s name, you can also find that information by logging into Student Self-Service and you should find your advisor’s contact information under Student Planning  Plan & Schedule  Advising. 


9. Once your advisor receives your request, s/he will evaluate it and make a recommendation to the dean of your program.

The dean may also consult with the coordinator of your program.

The dean makes the final determination whether to approve or deny the course substitution.

0 (0)
Article Rating (No Votes)
Rate this article
Attached Files
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Related Articles RSS Feed
Students - Student Finance - Pay for Registration
Viewed 2200 times since Wed, Jun 3, 2015
Students - Student Planning Plan and Schedule
Viewed 36708 times since Tue, Sep 30, 2014
Students - Student Planning
Viewed 3179 times since Wed, Jun 3, 2015
Students - Student Planning Course Catalog
Viewed 34858 times since Tue, Sep 30, 2014
Change Student Information Online
Viewed 155 times since Thu, Apr 19, 2018
Students - Student Planning My Progress
Viewed 3017 times since Tue, Sep 30, 2014
SEP - Student Timeline
Viewed 1612 times since Tue, Sep 30, 2014
Students - Student View and Notifications
Viewed 2462 times since Wed, Jun 3, 2015
Student Educational Planning - Advising - Searching for students
Viewed 3099 times since Fri, Sep 26, 2014
How to Make a Payment in Self Service
Viewed 2779 times since Thu, Sep 15, 2016

Need Help?