Students - Student Planning Course Catalog
Course Catalog Instructions:
The Course Catalog tab shows course, section and location information for all courses groups by subject. From this view, you can search for a course and add to the Timeline.
|a.||Type in the subject into the search box OR||
|b.||Select a course from the list|
When you drill into a subject (Accounting) you can...
Add Course to Plan
|If you have time constraints, location preferences, etc. consider using the Filter Results option. Under the Filter Results area, determine desired preferences:||
|by clicking the check box next to desired settings.|
|Note: Multiple checkboxes could be checked within one filter area.|
Add course from list
To create an academic plan for the first time, click on Add Course to Plan button. In this view, you will see:
- description of the course or
- any requisites of the course.
|Note:||A new window will appear containing additional information on credits, location and requisites. If there is a requisite not fulfilled already, the new window will have a yellow box next to requisite with the reason/ potential solution.||
Select the term
Once you have completed click on Add Course to Plan button.
|Next Steps:||At this time you can either:|
Add Section to Schedule based on Available Sections
|1.||Under each Course listing description and perquisites, there will be a View Available Sections for … , click the arrow down to see sections that are available.||
|2.||After finding the desired section, time, and location, etc. click on the Add Section to Schedule button.||
|3.||A new window will appear, read the information corresponding to the particular section you selected.||
|4.||When finished, click the Add Section to Schedule button.|
Note: You can also view it on the Timeline tab and see the course that you added.
Next steps: At this time you can either:
- View available sections to register for other classes in the current semester (use the filter on Course Catalog)
- See how the course falls within a weekly calendar (Plan & Schedule)
- Remove a course through Plan & Schedule (Plan & Schedule)
Remove Course- Plan and Schedule
- In the upper right corner of the course schedule, click the X button.
- A window will appear confirming that you want to remove the course from your schedule.
- Click the Remove button to complete or Cancel button to leave the course.