Faculty - Moving your Blackboard Collaborate Ultra recordings to your TechSmith Knowmia Library
Moving Your Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings to your TechSmith Knowmia Library
You can move your Blackboard Collaborate Ultra recordings to your TechSmith Knowmia Library. This will allow you to caption your videos as well as use other tools available in TechSmith knowmia.
There are two main steps in this process. You have to first download your recordings from Blackboard Collaborate Ultra to your computer. The second and final step is to upload that video to your TechSmith Knowmia Library. Lastly, after you upload your video to TechSmith Knowmia, you will need to delete it from Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Step 1: Downloading Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings
1. Log into your Blackboard course and click on the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra link.
2. Click on the 3 lines at the top left of your Window and then click on Recordings.
3. Locate the recording that you want to upload to your TechSmith Knowmia Library. Note: If you do not see any recordings, select the date range of when the recording(s) were created.
4. Click Download on the dropdown menu.
5. The file will download to your Downloads folder on your computer.
Step 2: Uploading Your Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings to Your TechSmith Knowmia Library
1. Open your browser and navigate to https://mc3.techsmithrelay.com. Note that you may be prompted to log in with your MC3 credentials.
2. Make sure you are in your library and then click on the Create button.
3. A dropdown menu appears. Click on Upload Media.
4. Navigate to your Downloads folder and locate your Blackboard Collaborate Ultra recording and select it.
5. The following will display. You can choose more files or you can click Close when you are done.
6. You will be returned to your TechSmith Knowmia Library and your video will be displayed and uploaded there.
If you are interested in additional features of TechSmith Knowmia, feel free to search the Knowledge Base.
Deleting your Video From Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Now that you have downloaded the recording, and uploaded it to TechSmith Knowmia, you need to delete it. Before you delete it, make sure you successfully uploaded it to TechSmith Knowmia in Step 2 above.
To delete your recording from Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
3. Locate the recording that you downloaded and then uploaded to TechSmith Knowmia.
4. Click the dots to the right of the recording and the dropdown menu displays.
5. Click on Delete.